Welcome to the CMMG Website!
The CMMG (Coalition of Manitoba Motorcycle Groups) is a non-profit organization promoting the safety of Manitoba’s motorcyclists by encouraging education, promoting legislative reform, and disseminating information to aid in the continued safe enjoyment of two-wheeled motorized transportation.
As a result of CMMG Intervention
- In 2007, a “Loss Transfer” Methodology will be introduced. Personal injury costs shared equally among all MPI insured vehicles involved in a collision, regardless of fault. Hit and run injury costs shared by all vehicle classes.
- For 2007, MPI’s average insurance increase reduced from 8.4% to 5%
- 10% Insurance rebate in 2007 to all policyholders for all vehicles. This is in addition to previous rebates in 2006 and 2001.
- Optional protective clothing coverage for 2007.
- 145 Motorcycles removed from the higher premium sport bike category.
- A “Pleasure” and “All Purpose” class for motorcycles.
- 70% plus decrease in fire, theft and vandalism coverage.
- Seasonally adjusted premiums, providing year round riding for payment of 5 months of insurance.
- CMMG was instrumental in initiating the Mandatory Motorcycle Training Program and its recommendations incorporated into the graduated licensing program.
- CMMG is active in motorcycle awareness programs. Currently working with MPI and Safety Services Manitoba to prepare motorcycle awareness and motorcycle training videos.
CMMG depends on membership fees and involvement to continue its lobbying efforts for motorcyclists.