ATTENTION MANITOBA MOTORCYCLISTS!
Thanks to CMMG, you have now received 2 rebates on your motorcycle premiums and a reduction of 2021-22 premium increases. This has probably saved you hundreds of dollars this year alone!
Last year, Manitoba Public Insurance(MPI) argued that Motorcycles would not be eligible for all rebates. CMMG twice challenged this rebate methodology before the Public Utilities Board (PUB) and PUB ordered that all premium rebates be available for motorcycles. As well, at last year’s 2021 rate application before PUB, CMMG’s solicitor successfully challenged MPI’s methodology that would result in a 4.7% premium increase for motorcycles. Again, PUB ruled in CMMG’s favour, removing these changes and reducing the overall increase to 1.74%. Still too much though!
CMMG has been advocating for safe and affordable motorcycling since 1993. Ongoing Covid19 restrictions have limited our normal fundraising activities. Your membership is essential in providing CMMG the means to covers its basic overhead costs and pursue its ongoing initiatives in reducing motorcycle insurance premiums and advocating for legislative reforms and expanded safety programs.
If you’ve never been a member, please consider joining. If you’re already a member or a past member, we encourage you to rejoin again for 2021. We’ve had many past successes, but the challenge is ongoing.
CMMG’s past achievements include:
- Province-wide representation
- Official Intervener status at Public Utilities Board Hearings on Autopac rates
- Motorcycle Training Awareness and Safety Programs
- Fire and Theft insurance reduced by over 80%
- Basic rates reduced by 30%.
- Custom license plates and plates that fit
- Loss Transfer with Seasonally adjusted rates
- Comprehensive coverage including new vehicle protection, rental, and loss of use coverage
- Lower Sport Touring Rates
- Participating member on MPI and Government safety committees
- Input into reforms to Provincial Motorcycle Equipment Inspection Standards
CMMG Membership is $25 ($100 5yrs) for an individual and $35 ($140 5yrs) for a family member at the same address, plus $10 ($40 5yr) for any additional family members). Associate $60 (non-voting). Affiliate $35 (non-voting).