CMMG erroneously reported in its March 9th Minutes that “There will be a new Harley Davidson Dealership opening in Whyteridge”. This was not a matter of new business, but a rumour announced by a member, which has since been found to be unfounded and unsubstantiated. It has been removed from the website and replaced by amended minutes. CMMG apologizes to Harley Davidson Winnipeg for any embarrassment or concern that it has caused.
March 9, 2016
1 – Call to order
- Brian called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm.
2 – Roll call
- All CMMG Board members were present at the general meeting.
3 – Verify Quorum
- Quorum Verified; 4 Executive and 4 Directors
4 – Adoption of Agenda
- Brian amended the agenda to reflect that we would be adopting the minutes from the November 4th General meeting as well as the minutes from the February General meeting.
- Moved, as amended, by Mary J. and seconded by Theo.
5 – Guests & Delegates
6 – Adoption of Minutes from last General Meeting
- November 4th minutes moved by Dave G. and seconded by Greg P.
- February 10th minutes moved by Doug H. and seconded by Lynn P.
7 – Business arising from minutes
- Doug has been working on getting the Ride Guide done in time for World of Wheels
- Mary J. brought up the Harassment Policy and Brian gave an explanation of what the Board has discussed and stated that hopefully the Board will have a completed policy to bring forth at the General meeting in April.
8 – Announcements
- David L. gave a brief announcement with regards to the ride that he is organizing for Project new Hope. The event will be included in the CMMG Ride Guide.
9 – Executive Committee Reports
- President’s Report:
- Vice-President’s Report:
- Treasurer’s Report: Printed report provided at the meeting.
- Secretary’s Report: 2 pieces of mail were picked up and delivered to
10– Director’s Reports
- Doug H.: See Public Relations report.
- Dave G.: No report.
- Kris G.: Kris is continuing to work with Mike McComb out at Adventure Power Sports to set up a Toy run in October.
- Myles O.: See Webmaster’s report.
11 – Committee Reports
- Membership: The new 2016 pins are in and memberships are due as of April
- Newsletter: This is meant more for the dealers than the membership and seems to be sliding a little bit every year. Brian suggested that maybe the newsletter should consist of an explanation of the CMMG’s objectives for the year as well as thanking the dealers and clubs that attended the dealer and club meeting. Greg also suggested that Myles post a thank you on the website.
- Dealer Liaison: Brian went to Headingly Sport and arranged to have an Indian Chieftain to have displayed at the CMMG booth at World of Wheels.
- Club Liaison: Bond Slave swap meet is this coming Saturday. The GOC would also like to thank everybody that attended their Bud Spud and Steak fundraiser last weekend. The GOC successfully raised about $7,500.
- Webmaster: Myles received the list of rides from Doug and will be updating the website over the next week.
- Public Relations: Doug went and assisted with a publicity photo shoot with MPI. Doug also brought up some concerns with MPI, with regards to the way that accidents are assessed by MPI. He used his own accident from last year as an example. He also forwarded a copy of the video that Ryan Evens took last spring when he was almost run off the road. The new membership pins are in and Doug has rounded out the merchandise so that there is one of every size for World of Wheels. Doug also brought a couple of samples of some new merchandise that he ordered.
- Phone Line: No calls for the previous month. Brian will update the message to reflect the events and meetings during the month of March.
- MCC: The MCC is continuing with their efforts with regards to getting a National Motorcycle Safety month. They are also trying to include the off road vehicles in their efforts.
- Women’s Riders Council: Mary reported that they are still waiting on the Board to finish the Harassment Policy. She also stated that the National Board had received interest in one of the openings available and that they are waiting on the MCC Board to finalize that. Mary also presented a “Thank You” gift to Linda for all the years that she has put into the CMMG and for her support for the Women’s Riders Council. Brian also asked Myles to set up a section devoted to the Women’s Riders Council to assist in their visibility.
12 – Unfinished Business
- World of Wheels: Doug still has some blank spots for volunteers for World of Wheels. Brian is going to purchase any extra passes that are needed for the volunteers that will be helping out. An email will be sent to all volunteers with an explanation of how and where to pick up these passes. Doug was able to get the required license for the 50/50 draw.
- Dealer and Club Meeting: Brian reported that the meeting seemed to go very well. The preliminary Ride Guide will be available at World of Wheels and there will be a revised edition in a different colour if needed.
13 – New Business
- Doug brought up the question of where we will be having registration for the September Poker Derby. It was suggested that it be held at Adventure Power Sports in Iles de Chaines. It was ultimate decided to call Jill Ruth at Headingly Sport and ask her first as Adventure is planning the toy run in October.
- Linda shared her gift from the Women’s Riders Council.
14 – Upcoming meetings and events
- Board Meeting: March 23rd
- General Meeting: April 13th
- World of Wheels March 18th – 20th
- TSMVA Night at the Horse races March 12th
- Bond Slave Swap Meet March 12th
15 – Adjournment
- Theo motioned for adjournment and Kris seconded @ 8:08 pm.
CMMG General Meeting
February 10, 2016
1: Call to order
- Brian called the meeting to order at 7:16 pm
2: Roll call: All CMMG Board members were present at the general meeting.
3: Verify Quorum
4: Adoption of Agenda
- Moved by Dave Gibson and seconded by Brenda W.
5: Guests and dignitaries
- There were 4 guests present: Estelle B., Aliesha D., Jazmyn-Rae D., and Brian U..
6: Adoption of Minutes
7: Business arising from minutes
- Brian has yet to contact HD Winnipeg with regards to having a motorcycle to display at the CMMG booth at World of Wheels.
- Robyn is working on getting the CMMG the “best spot” at world of wheels.
8: Executive Committee Reports
- President’s Report: No official report
- Vice- President’s Report: No Report
- Treasurer’s Report: Printed report provided at the meeting.
- Secretary’s Report: No report
10: Director’s Reports
- Doug H.: Doug reported on the General Stakeholders meeting for MPI on January 15th. The main portion of the meeting focused on the safety awareness programs for the year. This year’s focus will be on male drivers, impairment, distraction, and speed. They want to build up a social media presence and get out to the rural areas more. They also want to look into doing roadside surveys on impairment (the details of which still need to be worked out). They also want to start including bicycle safety training in the schools. Motorcycle safety of course was discussed and will continue as before. MPI has also started a signage campaign at high accident intersections. MPI is also going to be making different statistics available on their website. MPI had scheduled their motorcycle safety campaign slotted for June and Doug suggested that they move it up to May and that MPI should start advertising the training courses starting in March and April. The membership pins have been ordered and Doug showed everybody a sample of what this year’s pin would look like. Doug also took names for volunteers for World of Wheels. Doug also reported an update on the MCC. Doug went through some of the stuff that the MCC has done in the last year in their attempts to make May a national motorcycle safety month. The MCC is still working on the blank posters for this year. Doug will update when new information becomes available. Doug has also received a new order of merchandise and will be putting in another one in the near future.
- Dave G.: No report
- Kris G.: No Report
- Myles O.: No Report
11: Committee Reports
- Membership: Cheryl is still working on a database that would allow the CMMG to move to a 365 membership as opposed to a 1 year membership.
- Newsletter: No Report
- Dealer Liaison: Kris spoke with Mike McComb from Adventure Powersports in Iles De Chaines and Mike has expressed an interest in hosting the CMMG for a General Meeting.
- Club Liaison: The Tri-Service Veteran’s Group is holding an evening at the Horse Races on March 12th at the ANAVETS #283 out on West Portage ave. The GOC is holding their annual Bud, Spud and Steak fundraiser at Cowboys on March 5th. Most of the clubs are starting to get ready for the riding season. CMC is holding their Spring Brunch on February 21st as well as still holding their Wing Nights on Thursdays approximately once a month. CMMG is confirmed to have a table at the Bond Slave Swap Meet in Portage La Prairie on March 12th.
- Women’s Riders Council of MCC: Mary reported that they had their meeting on February 7th. Mary mentioned that there are concerns surrounding the negative and sometimes abusive tone of CMMG meetings. It has been agreed that the board will discuss a harassment policy. Mary also brought up that there are concerns around women’s riding apparel and the lack of appropriate sizing that is available at the different retailers. Mary announced that International Female Ride Day coincides with the CMMG Safety Rally and Dealer Derby and that the members were encouraged to participate in the CMMG event as opposed to organizing their own event however it was also mentioned that they could all ride as a group during this event if they so desired. Canadian Women’s Ride Day is July 17th. Manitoba Women’s 6th Fun Ride to be organized. Mary will attend the CMMG Dealer and Club Meeting on Feb. 24th to determine a date that fits the calendar of events. Mary moved that her report be accepted as read and Shawna seconded.
12: New Business
- Dayna A. did a short presentation of her new embroidery business called Sparkles and Threads. She is looking to be able to customize motorcycle seats as well as leather vests, jackets, and boots. Dayna has a Facebook page and encourages everybody to check it out.
- Marion Show and Shine will be September 11th this year.
- Linda asked Brian to discuss “Project Scout” at Headingly Sport. This is a completion among Indian dealers around the world and the information for voting has already been posted at the CMMG website as well as our Facebook page. The voting closes on February 18th.
- Linda also mentioned that Jill R. is willing to host the CMMG for a General meeting out at Headingly Sport.
- Brian heard an ad on the radio that was discussing driving while under the influence but it was put out by a federal agency as opposed to MPI.
- Brian also discussed the fact that SGI has instituted a method of renewing your insurance via your phone and or computer. He asks that anybody who finds out any new information to please bring it to a future meeting.
- No calls on the link line for the previous month.
- The question was brought up about the timing of the changes to the insurance rates. Only those that renew after the end of March will receive it this year and the rest will receive it when they renew next year. The concern is that it is not really fair that not everybody gets the decrease at the same time.
14: Upcoming meetings and events
- Next General meeting will be March 9th
- Dealer and Club meeting February 24th
- Board Meeting February 24th
- March 18-20th World of Wheels
- TSMVAC Evening at the Horse Races March 12th
15: 50/50 Draw
- 8:32 pm Moved by Theo and seconded by Kris